Help with iOS false positives?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kramerdude, Apr 1, 2015.

1. kramerdude macrumors member

I'm having issues with false positives for junk email on both my iPad Air2 and iPhone 6. Both are iOS 8.2. I see emails come in on my MBP in the inbox just fine, but on my iOS devices, they are in the junk folder. In some cases, if I open the mail app, I can see the message there in the inbox, then it will disappear to the junk folder, while staying in the inbox on OS X. This is happening with my regular email senders, and I have even added the senders to my address book and marking VIP thinking it would straighten out but no luck. This really only started happening within the last couple of months so I'm suspicious of iOS 8.2 but not sure. Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why type of an email account is it? How is it configured in OS X vs iOS?

3. kramerdude thread starter macrumors member

iCloud

It's an iCloud account. As I just checked junk again, I noticed an email from Amazon that I get all the time that "mail thinks this is junk". I confirmed this sender email (Amazon) had been added to my contacts and I many times have clicked "not junk". It was in junk on both OS X and iOS. One observation of this one: this is being sent to my other email account (Cox) that is automatically forwarded. I have done this for years with no issues. As I dug up another one from yesterday that went to junk, it was using one of my iCloud alias addresses. So, I'm going to watch for more "junk" emails to see if any actually involve my direct iCloud address. I'm pretty sure that is the case, but didn't think to check. I wonder if I need to add my aliases and outside forwarding emails to address book? Again, it has never been a problem until the past couple months.