Help with iPad and an app (desktop connect)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pound4pound30, Aug 5, 2010.

1. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I can use it perfect if I am at home and the computer is not put to sleep. (27" iMac)

1.) How do I use this app away from home?
    2.) When I try to use it even at home if the computer is put to sleep it will not work. For some reason it wont wake up the computer. I know it can be done because my friend has the same computer and when his is sleeping he turns on the app and the computer screen turns on.

Any help appreciated, also I didnt really know where this should go :p

2. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

3. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

4. SunnyFL macrumors regular

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Help has arrived.....

You will need the desktop server. Make sure you have a Gmail account so that you can find your computer over the Internet.

Next you need to install: caffeine. Go to: http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/ to get it. Caffeine will keep your computer awake at all times or according times you deem necessary.

Once you install the server and config your Gmail account, and install Caffine, you are all set. You iPad will find your computer via the Internet via Gmail.

Let me know if you need more help.

6. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

yea i was emailing the developers and got it to work. The only thing that wont work is when my computer is sleeping dekstop connect does not support wake over wireless only over ethernet connected computers which kinda sucks but whatever.