Help with iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tigerfan55, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Tigerfan55 macrumors newbie

So I JB my iPhone using Redsn0w and everything went fine then I got an iPhone4 and was going to give my Iphone3G to a friend but wanted to wipe everything off of it. Went into iTunes and hit restore and now it gives me the plug into iTunes logo on the screen. How can I (1) get it out of that mode and back to a workable phone? (2) how can I wipe the phone where I can give it to my friend without having all of my info on it?

When I go through iTunes it gives me the 1015 message, so after doing some research I now know that I shouldn't have hit restore with redsn0w installed.

Can anyone help??

2. ikaveh macrumors regular

I think you should put the iphone in DFU mode first, then coonect it to iTunes. after iTunes tells you the iphone should be restored, hit the restore+shift button.

3. Tigerfan55 thread starter macrumors newbie

I searched everywhere and used tinyumbrella to get it out of recovery mode. Still can't get it to work in iTunes though. I downloaded another firware 4.1 and tried to restore using that, but it still gives me the 1015 error message.

Now I have it in emergency mode, but when I tried to restore from that screen using the custom firmware it went back to the screen telloing me to connect to iTunes. So now I am back in the emergency mode. How do I get this thing back to working order?

4. Tigerfan55 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just now put it back in DFU mode and did Shift+Restore and picked the 4.1 firmware that I downloaded and once it gets all the way through at the very end it says the same error 1015 message. Then it goes back into recovery mode.