help with iphone 3gs 16 gb

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple 3g, Mar 21, 2011.

1. apple 3g macrumors newbie

hi i bought a new iphone 3gs 16 gb ios 4.2.1. and its locked to a carrier called 3. and i dont have the sim card called 3 so i cant activate this **** in itunes :(
    so i think , can i jailbreak with greenpois0n and then activate with redsn0w. you know i wanna unlock the phone. so can you help me a lttle bit . sorry for my english :( thanks if you can help me

2. apple 3g thread starter macrumors newbie

ok now. hi im gonna install ipads baseband but i got a quuestion it say . is this newer model of the iphone 3gs ? if you are not sure you can determine your production week from the serial number in your settings>general>about screen.
    the week number is usually the 4th and the 5th digit of the serial number. for example .a sn beginning with 88926 would be week 26 of 2009
    and the serial on my iphone 3gs ios 4.2.1 is begining with 881050

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, according to your serial 881050 yours is the newer model bootrom.

4. apple 3g thread starter macrumors newbie

ok man everything is ok :) thanks for the help :)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome bro.

6. apple 3g thread starter macrumors newbie

7. The Rough Boy, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

The Rough Boy macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS RedsnOw Question

iPhone 3GS ios 5.0.1
    My SN Begins with 841041
    Says Is This The Newer (Fixed) Model: Yes or No
    (Do I Hit Yes or No) Can Someone Help Me Out

Is this a newer model of the iPhone? If not sure, you can determine your production week from the serial number in your Settings->General->About screen. The week number is usually the 4th and 5th digit of the serial number, For example, a SN beginning with 88926... would be week 26 of 2009 3GS units made week 45 or later usually have a fixed bootrom before week 40, they usually have the older (Desirable) one, Betwwen weeks 40 and 45, results vary Caution: If you have a newer model and you don't correctly identify it here, you will likely need to do a full official restore to fix the mistake, losing any unsynced data. Note that newer models cannot yet have a custom logos.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Hit "Yes", yours is made in 2011, week 4.