help with Iphone 3gs unlock/jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crs2here, May 18, 2011.

1. crs2here macrumors newbie

I went through the set up of pwnage and restored my iphone 3gs because I want to use it with tmobile and now after I restored it the phone wont turn back on what should I do

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It wont power on at all?
    You made sure its charged?
    Try holding the home and power button down for 15+ seconds to see if it will start up.

3. crs2here thread starter macrumors newbie

ya I made sure its charged and tried holding the home and lock key and it didnt work when I plug it in my computer it says it needs to be restored and when I try that it says the iphone could not be restored this device isnt eleigble for the request build

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try restoring it to a custom 4.3.3 ipsw instead of the official one so you dont lose the unlock.

5. crs2here thread starter macrumors newbie

ya the phone is just stuck off but when I plug it in to the computer it is detected

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You probably had it on 6.15.00 and didn't know. A lot of people who pay for unlocks end up with this and are not told not to restore/update. Not saying this is necessarily the case, but it may be.

If you know what Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or pwnagetool (Mac) are, use either of those to create a custom firmware to restore to with iTunes. You can get IPSW files HERE: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/