Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

girondaws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
My wife is a simple iphone fixer, but this has her baffled and im a iphone retard so here we go.... my wife was fixing our buddies cracked 3gs screen. When she properly pulled off the glass, she discovered that the lcd was done too, so she thought she ordered the right one on amazon.

few days later the new screen comes in, she installs and it does not work at all, the phone beeps and buzzes when plugged in but thats it. she pulles out the new screen and then tries my 3gs screen which is less than a month old, it goes in starts up but there is no backlight at all.

the screen that we got ended up being a iphone 3g screen, we do not know if this caused any more damaged to the 686 coil or what. no weather my fairly new out of my 3gs lcd screen is in my phone or his, it comes on but remains dark.

ive read all the the trouble shooting tips and threads, the battery has been reset, its been reseted by holding the home/top buttons, its been plugged into itunes.

please help cause both my boy and i are out of phones and im hoping this is something simple.

girondaws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
please does anyone possibly know what to do? order a new lcd screen? i had about 30 seconds of normal viewing after it charged and then it went dark again. i can see the screen, its just i have to tilt it and strain to see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.