Help With Iphone 4 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lexani18zz, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Lexani18zz macrumors newbie

Heres the issue, I purchased my friends old iphone 4 on 4.3.3 baseband 04.10.01 which is already jail-broken. My issue is all his info is still on there, i tried to reset all setting but the screen turns black and it spins for 1+ hour and does nothing until i master roboot and its back to his settings. How can i erase all his info and start from fresh? download 4.3.3 and manually restore to it? Also i have Tmobile so i need it to be unlocked aswell. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Here we go again. You can't use that button with the jailbroken phone. Once you do that, the phone will hang and you need to restore.

Check with your phone to see if this phone has any SHSH blobs save. If it does, then you can restore to one of the fw that the phone has blob save. If not, you can only restore to 5.0.1 which Apple is currently signing.

Check with your friend first and report back and we will give you what to do next.

3. Lexani18zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, that makes sense. Luckily it went back to normal after master reboot, I asked my friend he said he had some guy jailbreak it for $20 bucks at an mall so he has no idea. Can't i just download the same firmware and re-jailbreak it which will erase all his data & numbers?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, unless you have shsh blobs for 4.3.3 saved on cydias server then itunes will not let you restore to the 4.3.3 firmware.
    You might be stuck restoring to 5.0.1 if there's no blobs available and then JB tethered on that version. Or stay stock, up to you.