Help with iPhone 4 A1349 iOS 7.1.2 iCloud Locked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wheatley, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheatley macrumors newbie

Hello, and thank you for taking time out of your day to read this.

I need help with my iPhone 4 A1349. My dad snagged it off of eBay for 40 bucks.The thing is, it has an iCloud activation lock, and the seller never got back to him.

I have tried downgrading to iOS 6.1.3, the ssh-rd thing, and GadgetWide. Nothing seems to work correctly with this darn thing.

Any help? Even a A1349 iPhone 3,3 10B329 iOS 6.1.3 SHSH will work so I can downgrade. Unless there is a WORKING iCloud bypass for iOS 7.1.2 that is.

Anyways, once again, thank you for your time. #

(PS: Please do not send me anything with surveys.)

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The Activation Lock would still be there, even if you could downgrade. There's no way to bypass it. Also, you couldn't even downgrade to begin with unless you had valid blobs for that specifics device.

Essentially, there's nothing you can do. Your dad spent $40 on a paperweight.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Here we go again.
    It Cannot be bypassed.
    You bought a useless device.

4. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

Sure, tell your dad to file a report with ebay or paypal for a return/refund. Other than that you are **** out of luck.

Activation lock is there for a reason: To prevent people from stealing iPhones (or buying stolen iPhones), then coming on macrumors like innocent bystanders asking for help in overcoming an obvious security feature.

5. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Use as a fancy paperweight. No other option.
    You cannot bypass this.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

"iCloud Locked" part of the thread title pretty much ended the thread right there.

7. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

That should have been a red flag. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

Correct. Downgrading does not circumvent activation lock.

This is your only option. It should be easy to get your money back. This scam seems to happen all the time.

This. There is nothing more to say, really.

8. Wheatley thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, I see. I guess I have nothing better to do than experiment around with it, ask for refund, or wait for DoulCi to release. Anyways, thanks guys. I will leave the thread for a small bit longer before I mark it as "Solved" .

I now have a glossy and stylish paperweight. Yay. #

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most likely it was advertised as iCloud activation locked that's why it was that cheap. So it's not a valid reason to dispute the auction or ask for a refund.
    clearly not the sellers fault but the buyers instead. Many think they can just restore it or bypass it easy on their own and that they're getting a great deal.
    Guess what though. If it was easy or possible the seller would have bypassed it and listed it for more money;)

11. Wheatley thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh, well he doesn't remember. This was bought in April. So its been sitting for a while. I decided to continue trying recently. No luck at all. Though since the DoulCi tool for OSX will be out some time soon (Progress is at 94%) I can get it before the windows tool and shove it on my Mac. I still highly doubt this will work. But its worth a try. When I get my hands on this tool I will report back and tell you guys if it works. It'll take a week or two methinks.Maybe even a month or more. But for now, I must be patient with this brick. #

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

13. Wheatley, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Wheatley thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol. Who knows. Plus, if the download gets taken down, I will be so kind as to give a direct download to the tool, if the servers it uses will even work at that point.

If it works, maybe the $40 brick was worth it after all. ;) ##

Also, if I find working methods other than DoulCi, I will share them here.

14. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Lol another newbie asking to bypass iCloud lock :rolleyes:

15. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

This is a good point. You should always pay close attention when buying anything electronic on eBay. Many sellers are just trying to take advantage of people.

It doesn't really matter though because:

You are way out of your dispute window now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.