Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeewadj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
hi everybody im new here so please excuse me if im posting on the wrong forum

i have iphone 4 vodafone au

orginally came with 4.0.1

it was jailbroken i DID press make my life easier button in the start

now after couple of days it was mucking up and in the end it would not boot at all i tried all the tricks and ideas on the net still nothing

so i ended up restoring it through itunes because i need the phone for work purposes

now im on 4.0.2 , i tried the downgrade method with shsh blobs

but it keep saying cydia does not have my shsh blobs saved

does any one have any advise please

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Cydia can only save SHSH hashes for firmware Apple is still signing. It has nothing to do with what your phone is currently running. When you click on "Make my life easier..."'could have been after Apple stop signing 4.0.1 and moved on to 4.0.2.

To be sure, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with firmware shown in #6.

jeewadj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
:D
Cydia can only save SHSH hashes for firmware Apple is still signing. It has nothing to do with what your phone is currently running. When you click on "Make my life easier..."'could have been after Apple stop signing 4.0.1 and moved on to 4.0.2.

4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and you can downgrade to.

hi thanks for you r help :D

i think i pressed the button after apple stopped signing it

and tinyumbrella dosent have it

i guess il wait till theres is a another solution

xpwj

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010

from what i have read, tinyumbrella will not be able to save shsh anymore after August 2x (not sure what the exact date was) ...since apple stop signing 4.0.1 ? so will not be able to save shsh anymore?

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
from what i have read, tinyumbrella will not be able to save shsh anymore after August 2x (not sure what the exact date was) ...since apple stop signing 4.0.1 ? so will not be able to save shsh anymore?

You can only save SHSH hashes Apple is currently signing. Right now, you can only save 4.0.2 hashes with Tinyumbrella.

xpwj

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
You can only save SHSH hashes Apple is currently signing. Right now, you can only save 4.0.2 hashes with Tinyumbrella.

so if i decide to jailbreak my 4.0.1 without saving 4.0.1, if i later decide to restore back to non-jailbreak iOS i can still do so but only back to 4.0.2 (or whatever new version ios 4.0.x apple has at that time) is that right? OR that i will be stuck at jackbroken 4.0.1 and can't do restore from itune?

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
so if i decide to jailbreak my 4.0.1 without saving 4.0.1, if i later decide to restore back to non-jailbreak iOS i can still do so but only back to 4.0.2 (or whatever new version ios 4.0.x apple has at that time) is that right? OR that i will be stuck at jackbroken 4.0.1 and can't do restore from itune?

Yes. You can always restore and remove the JB to whatever official firmware Apple is currently signing. Saving SHSH hashes enable you to restore to an older firmware that Apple is no longer signing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.