Help with iPhone 5c/5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MilleDav01, Nov 24, 2013.

1. MilleDav01 macrumors member

I bought the iPhone 5c. Switched from android. The phone is really nice and I enjoy IOS 7. I have a few questions.

1. Does the iPhone 5S get a better signal than the iPhone 5c?

I noticed in store that the iPhone 5c only had 2 circles of 4g (Tmo) but the 5S had 2-4 Circles of LTE (Tmo). I have had tmobile for 3 or 4 days and am probably going to switch back to at&t or go to verizon because service from tmobile sucks where I live. At home its ok but where I work, I use speed test and 5 times gotten a ping over 900 and download speed of 0.00 upload 0.00 even though I have two-three circles. My last speed test was 902 0.03 and 0.01. Not even enough to do anything.

2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color or my 5c (blue) but should I get the 5S when I switch out from tmobile and just get a blue case? I love the feel of the 5c. But upgrade my phones often and will probably upgrade to the 6 when it comes around. Which would I get more resale value for?

3. Does anyone know where I can get a 5S case that makes the 5S look like a 5C?

Thanks For Reading....

D.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

t-mobile's "4G" network is HSPA+ which is a different antenna on the cell tower than the LTE one. it is possible that the 4G phone isn't connected to the same tower that the LTE one is connected to. so there can be a variance of signal between the two phones, depending on which tower/network they are connected to. but to answer your question directly, no there shouldn't be any difference in signal between the 5c and 5s.

3. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

4. Lammercy macrumors regular

Sold my 5c for a 5s. I like both for different reasons but much happier with my 5s now. I'm upgrading next year as well and the 5S should have a much higher resale value. When I sold my 5c about 2 weeks ago they were going for about $350, about the same as a 5. Next year I'm sure it'll be about ~$250 or less.

5. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

Maybe someone tuned off LTE on the 5C in the store? There shouldn't be much difference signal wise.

6. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I went from Verizon to T-Mobil than back again to Verizon within hours after noticing really bad coverage both outside and inside of my Home. T-Mobil in my area is bad but hopefully someday it will improve. Just not right now. Verizon is great but the cost is some what higher.

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

If you like how the 5c looks and feels in the hand, there's no reason you should switch to a 5s.

Not sure about resale value, I'd probably opt for a 5s for that. The 5s will probably keep is value well, since it's now the "flagship" model. But in my opinion, you shouldn't base on this, and just live happy with your 5c.