Help with iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AmazingAlec, Sep 30, 2015.

1. AmazingAlec macrumors newbie

Hi,
    On Friday, my friend and I both went out and bought the new iPhone 6s's. My friend (who doesn't make much money) has saved for months to buy his phone. When we got home, his 9 year old little brother threw a tantrum that he didn't get a phone and grabbed my friend's new phone and shook it violently. He didn't throw it (I guess he was scared to make my friend too angry). He was shaking it for a few minutes before we were able to get the phone from him. I feel bad for the poor kid. I'd feel the same way lol.

Anyway, my question is: Will all that shaking have hurt something internally? Could the parts inside the phone be damaged?

Thanks

(Please don't think this is a troll thread. This is a real thread with a real issue. If the phone may be broken we want to return it asap)

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Shaking the iphone won't do anything, it's fine.

I, however, would like to smack that little shiet.

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

There are no moving parts inside. Like an old fashioned HDD. Everything is a chip on the board as well, the cables are usually snug into their connectors, little glue or tape (or lack of space) to keep them in place. I guess a good bang against something could have an affect on the camera parts, but shaking violently with foam on the mouth for 30 minutes shouldn't be a problem.