Help with iphone carrier settings update!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by selbyftw, Mar 27, 2011.

1. selbyftw macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i've got a iphone 3gs on 4.2.1 firmware jailbroken with greenpoison and I im unlocked from the 3 network to the uk o2 network using ultrasnow through cydia. Im on baseband 06.15.00 and im getting noticfications for iphone carrier settings updates, would it be safe to update without losing the unlock? Anyone done this or knows if it safe or not, please be 100% sure because I can't afford to lose my unlock and be stuck without a phone! Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, the carrier update won't mess with the unlock.

3. selbyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you know this friend?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

So funny...:D

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

From past experience and being around the jb scene for years.
    It will just update the way your phone communicates with your carriers towers that's all. It's not like a firmware update. It's just a small 100kb file.

6. selbyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Updated and everything works fine cheers homieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee