Help with iPhone Model number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Q Bert, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Hey guys. I have a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus 128gb Silver. I recently swapped it out for a replacement unit due to light leakage. The replacement unit is perfect and no defects. I just noticed that it might have a different Model number (settings-about-model). No biggie except that if its rendered locked then it is a concern.

Anyone who has the same Verizon 6plus 128 in silver can you do me a favor and tell me what's your Model #? Thanks

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The model number is immaterial.

It's Verizon, it's LTE capable. Therefore it is unlocked.

4. Aznboy1993 macrumors newbie

Aznboy1993

I actually had this issue too, except I have an unlocked GSM iP6 64GB Gold from TMo. I spoke to an Apple Genius and he said that the model numbers are arbitrary (for replacements) and that as the serial number carried, then you should be fine. My AppleCare+ and unlock successfully transferred, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. For those who are curious, NNG502LL/A is my replacement's model number (and upon searching Google for it, it doesn't exist).

5. Q Bert thread starter macrumors regular

Q Bert

well, that confirms my suspicion. I think it has a different Model #, mine is NGAC2LL/A, just to designate it as a replacement unit but everything is equal down to the nitty gritty with my original 6Plus.

On the Plus side (no pun intended), I have a fresher unit. My original 6Plus was manufactured in Week 36 whereas the replacement unit is Week 37. Both were manufactured in the Zhengzhou plant

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

The genius bar replacements typically have different model numbers (and sometimes they're shared with officially unlocked variants). My AT&T iPhone 6 was MG4W2LL/A; my replacement is MG312LL/A. As a bonus, since AT&T didn't have a record of this IMEI, the agreed to unlock it for me. And Verizon sees it as a valid device too.

7. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Were you under a contract when they did that? I have an iPhone 5 that AT&T had no record of in their system (it was a warranty replacement). Yet they didn't agree for an unlock request until the day my account was past 2 years to the date.

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Yeah, all of my lines are under contract