Help with iPhone please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mccoy753, Jan 26, 2014.

1. mccoy753 macrumors newbie

my iPhone 5 broke so I got a new phone with insurance, so they no longer carry iPhone 5's so they gave me a iPhone 5c. I just got it and wanted to buy a new app and it asked me to answer my security questions, but I didn't remember the answers so I clicked the redirect button and it took me to Apple and I clicked a button the said "send a email to m•••••@aol.com, we'll I have never registered an account to aol, only gmail, and that is not the email that is on my apple account, please help.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Are you sure you entered the correct account if the security questions are wrong (you're supposed to pick the easy ones that you can remember) and the email is wrong?

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Was the iPhone 5c sealed in a new box? It might already have been registered to the aol.com address by someone else.

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Did you setup the 5c as new when you got it. It is possible if you didn't that you got a returned phone with somebody else's account information.

Check Settings / iTunes to be sure your correct email account information is there. If it isn't just your email address listed just click on it...sign out and sign back into your account.

5. mccoy753 thread starter macrumors newbie

ugcop, I just tried your method, and it said I had to choose a payment method, but I only use iTunes money not my debit or credit card

6. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Wow, now you are really stretching the limit of my memory but as I remember, it does require a payment method on file even if you only want "free" apps.

It has been years since I set up an account so maybe there will be somebody with some updated information.

After I think about it a second, if you are signing into your old account it wouldn't be asking that.

Sounds like you are setting up a new account.