Help with Iphone3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by timykoo, Jan 30, 2011.

1. timykoo, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

timykoo macrumors newbie

Hello! Need your help badly... I currently have a Iphone 3gs which has a 3.1.2, I wanted to upgrade it and jailbreak it. So, I downloaded 4.1 firmware from hackstore then i used redsnow 0.9.6b6 to upgrade it and jailbreak it... But what happened is that it goes off and on... (black screen with apple logo). Help! What should I do? The phone is unusable... :(

Note: It disconnects by itself when plugged to the computer.

Im currently using Windows 7.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Check the firmware that you use. It sounds like the wrong firmware was used.

3. adityarane macrumors newbie

4. timykoo thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I used the correct one. Checked it many times. But in case, let's just say i downloaded the incorrect one. Where would be the best to download it? And! What should i do with regards to what is happening right now? Because it goes on and off. Even if you plug it in the computer it gets connected and disconnected by itself. :|

5. timykoo thread starter macrumors newbie

About the baseband... Im just not certain about it. Sorry sir, im just a newbie. Please help. Certainly it's a 3gs with a 3.1.2 stock OS. Never updated or jb. But now i think it's bricked... :(

6. timykoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Worst for worst... Let's say with what's happening right now? What would be the best solution?

NOTE: I tried to update it to 4.1 by downloading the 4.1 file for 3gs via http://hackstor.blogspot.com/. I used redsnow 09.6b6 for windows. I checked cydia and proceeded... First, the phone still works but it hangs, then cydia won't work. Now, the phone goes on and off by itself. Only apple logo with black screen can be seen when it's on.