Help with iphone4 Shipping!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clg82, Jun 21, 2010.

1. clg82 macrumors regular

Well any help would be appreciated. I didn't know that you could check the status of your order on the AT&T website. I only thought I could on the premier website. Well long story short I finally got thru on the AT&T website to preorder on the 15th at about 8:30 am. I just checked the status thru the AT&T website and it says I ordered on the 16th (which is wrong) and says my phone is on backorder WTF?!?!? Then I check the premier website and it says I ordered on the 15th (which is correct) and that it is in process. When I call premier they say that the order has been received and my sim card has been activated, but when I tell them that the AT&T website says backorder they are as confused as I am.....who am I to believe. I got a confirmation email from Premier the day that I ordered......When should I expect to get my iphone4?!?!? any help would be appreciated!

2. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Calm down. It was listed on the ATT website as back ordered as it wasn't immediately shippable, if it was people would have started receiving them last Wednesday which is against the policy of the release date. Now it is taking a while to process the hundreds of thousands of orders. It doesn't all happen in an instant with the push of one button. But there is no reason to believe that it isn't being done in accordance with a plan to complete the processing of all initial pre-orders in time for delivery on the 24th. I wouldn't worry unless the status is unchanged on the morning of the 24th.

3. CJayC macrumors 6502

It'll ship by July 14th so you'll be guaranteed one by then, so don't worry!

4. clg82 thread starter macrumors regular

Then why would it say that I ordered on the 16th??

5. clg82 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the problem i won't be around for the beginning of july so I need to know the status......

6. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

I don't know but I'm guessing the routine they run that updates one system to the other probably normally takes 3 minuites and this time it probably tool 15 hours because it doesn't normally have a quarter of a million orders to process.

I take it back. You should be very worried. You probably won't ever get an iPhone and the stupid records will think you have so they won't ever let you buy one again until you activate the iPhone you're not getting. Maybe it said the 16th of 2012 and not 2010 - did you read carefully.

7. clg82 thread starter macrumors regular

LOL sorry LFSimon, i was on my way out of work and read your first post a little bit too fast....great sarcasm though....just an update i'm still showing backordered, even though people that ordered after me have already received their tracking numbers, i'm still keeping my fingers crossed...

8. CJayC macrumors 6502

No problem, July 14th isn't the beginning of July.