Help with iPhoto.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by No Regrets, Mar 1, 2012.

1. No Regrets macrumors regular

Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. I recently received my Macbook Pro, my first Mac product ever. It has been a very steep learning curve for me,(I'm technically challenged to begin with) however as I learn new things with this MBP, I certainly love what it does.

So here is what I need help with. I have taken photos from my camera's memory card and have them sorted into various events on iPhoto. There are times when I participate in some forums in which I'd like to post photos, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the photos that I want out of iPhoto and post them in the forum thread.

In the past on my PC laptop I was able to move pictures from my computer to Photobucket and then post from there to the forum thread. I haven't been able to figure out how to move the photos from iPhoto to Photobucket either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. simsaladimbamba

Either drag the photo(s) to the Desktop or use the Media section in the OPEN dialog.

[​IMG]

3. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you simsaladimbamba,

I'm about to leave for work tonight, but I will give this a try tomorrow. Thank you much!!

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Apple is a heavy user of drag and drop. You can just drag the photos to your desktop from iPhoto to a folder on your desktop. Then upload to an online site. When you are finished, drag the folder that on your desktop to the trash.

There is no difference than using PC. Just remember it's just like making a copy to your desktop as you would a PC.

Or two just remember the file number when searching during the uploading.

5. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I just got done trying to play around with this a little bit.

I have to admit that I am still a little confused, but I will come back to revisit this when I can devote some more time to it.

I was able to select some pictures from iPhoto and place them into an album and then upload those to photo bucket. From there I was able to select a photo from there and post it to a forum thread.

I'm not sure if that was the way you all had intended me to do it, or if there is an easier way or not. I really feel brain dead when it comes to this stuff.

I will come back and revisit this early next week when I can have some uninterrupted time to devote to this.

Thank you for your willingness to help me with this though. It means the world to me!

All the best,
    No Regrets