Help with iPod touch 4th Gen Screen Repair

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hman2121, May 20, 2014.

1. hman2121 macrumors newbie

Hi I replaced my Ipod Touch 4th Gemeration screen. Fits fine, connections are solid. However, the screen is white when I turned it on. So, I put in recovery mode and it won't restore because of an error "3194". For the error I have eliminated all possibilities with it being the internet or anything of that matter. What would the problem be?
    Help would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks in advance :)
    Hunter

2. cammykool macrumors regular

Take it to a repair shop. I don't want to risk when mine needed it a few days ago (I just got it back today) but be wares of your FFC

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I tried to PM you but they appear to be off. I may be able to help. PM me.

4. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

I've done a few of these. And this happens occasionally when it gets turned back on during the repair. Have you tried holding home and power for a while to hard reset it?

Even if the display isn't on right, it should still be able to be restored. You may have to enter DFU mode to restore it. http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

5. headsh0t95, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014

headsh0t95 macrumors regular

Error 3194 is due to an issue with downgrading / having jailbroken.

On a PC, open a command prompt as administrator (Start -> type CMD, right-click on it and choose "Run as administrator", and type:
    Code:
    notepad C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts
    On a Mac, open Terminal and type:
    Code:
    sudo open -e /etc/hosts
    You will have to enter your password, just type it (you can't see what you are typing, but it is recognising it)
    Inside the file, remove the line at the bottom that says xx.xx.xx gs.apple.com (xx.xx.xx are iP numbers, they don't matter)

On Windows, save the file using CTRL+S or the menu button of notepad, and close it.
    On Mac, save the file by pressing ⌘+S or using the menu buttons of TextEdit. Then close it.

Next reboot your computer and you are good to go.