Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxspeed017

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Hello guys, i have a problem with my ipod touch. The problem is i recently set a password which i have now forgetten. Since i also recently clean installed windows 7 my ipod won't connect to itunes because it has a password on it which i don't remember. I tried extracting my music with idump but it doesn't find the ipod which i guess is because of the password. I DO NOT want to restore because i dont want to lose all my music which is nicely fixed on my ipod. Is there any way to extract the music or remove the password without losing my music?

Oh by the way, would putting the ipod touch in safe mode and then starting idump, would that allow me to extract the music?

thanks for any help

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
We had a thread on this in the iPhone forum a couple of months back, where a user had forgotten the password on her iPhone and like you, hadn't synced the iPhone with her computer after she set the password. She even went to the genius bar for help, but the answer was, there is no way to get into the iPhone without restoring the iPhone.

I'm not sure what you mean by "safe mode." But if your iPod is jailbroken, then perhaps a program like iFunbox (this is for Windows, but there are Mac equivalents) might be able to bypass the password and access the file system directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.