Help with iSync and Verizon Razr

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBHockey, Jun 24, 2007.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Please help! I'm trying to help my brother sync the contacts in his Verizon Razr with his Address Book on his Mac Book. I'm well aware of Verizon's ridiculous ways of crippling bluetooth -- i had to hack my E815 to get OBEX working -- but i thought iSync *would* work out of the box. Here is the error it get, undoubtedly thanks to Verizon's greediness:

[​IMG]

Is there something i can do to iSync/the razr to get this to work? I've already removed and then repaired the phone getting the same error both times at the very end of the sync with iSync. The MacBook is running 10.4.10

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

What RAZR do you have (i.e. V3c/V3m/maxx ve)?

I have the maxx and I had to apply an iSync plug in to get it to recognize the phone, as the current version of iSync does not yet include support for it. I was able to get a V3c to sync without any modifications to either the phone or iSync.

You might want to check out this thread at HowardForums for some additional info on using the RAZR V3c with iSync. I believe one member posted in this thread that mailing lists in his phone caused the same error you were getting.

3. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm not even sure, where does it actually say it?

But reading through that thread makes me think I'll have to use a seem edit to get iSync working....Grrrr...how ridiculous.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are several syncs before that one on the list... were they successful, unsuccessful, or on a different phone?

5. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

They were all on that phone, unsuccessful with the same exact list of events and error message.