Help with iTuens recognizing iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benji222, May 1, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

So long story short, while running iTunes once i must have held shift and it asked me to "load a library." I panicked and found a library file in my iTunes folder and clicked on it.
    Heres where the problem is... This jumped my iTunes back to December 2009. With all the music I had then, and then when i noticed some were missing I dragged everything in my music folder over and it created duplicates. I fixed everything in that regard9renaming and cleaning).

After about a week of random cleaning here and there, its time to finally sync my iPhone(not jailbroken if your wondering, want too though :p) to iTunes.
    1. It doesn't recognize it and Now is saying that I have to change the iPhone to this library, but its technically the same library. Is there any way i can make it recognize it?

2. Also, can I somehow update my iTunes library file(.itl) through some action in iTunes so this doesnt happen again?

3. Is there anyway to save my app data? If i delete all the old apps and press import purchased things it moves them over.. But will it sync normally and not take them all off just to put them all back on?

2. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

3. cowsrus macrumors 6502

generally, if you have cleaned up your music and renamed the folders to the generic itunes folder names, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes fixes it not recognizing your iPhone.

About three times, though mine were jailbroken problems, not changing things in itunes, my iPhone wouldn't be recognized, so after deleting itunes and reinstalling it, the problem fixes itself