Help with iTunes / Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dec., Jul 11, 2012.

1. dec. Suspended

dec.

Not really sure, where to put this as the time capsule, macbook air, ipad, itunes, airport express are involved :-D

I am running iTunes on a Macbook Air, the music is stored on a time capsule. I also run the Remote App on the iPad.

I play back songs through the Airport Express and after a few songs, it stops playing (always when a song is over - NEVER during a song). I hit play to start it again but the busy icon shows for a bit and nothing happens.

When I switch the audio output back to "computer" it starts playing, when I switch back to the airport express then, the playback works again - until it eventually stops again.

The Airport Express doesn't seem to be an issue, as we received a NEW one yesterday with the same thing happening.

I had a really big library but for testing purposes I made a new library with just a few hundred entries - same effect happens over and over again.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It sounds like you may have some interference affecting your WiFi network connections. There are many possible sources for such interference.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Apple has a list of possible sources of interference. You can try changing the channel the Wi-Fi network uses, updating the firmware is there are any applicable updates.

Also, using the Time Capsule for storage is not a good idea. It is for backups, though I see a lot of people using it like a NAS when it's not marketed or purposed as such. Try putting the library locally, on the MacBook Air itself, or on a hard drive connected to the Time Capsule's USB port and see if that makes any difference.