Help with itunes libraries!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by P8ntballer, Jun 4, 2008.

1. P8ntballer macrumors newbie

Hi i own an 80 GB ipod video and had my itunes library set up to that. my mom had an ipod nano that she didnt want so i thought id take it off her hands and use it when im skating since its smaller. so i found out how to create another itunes library and created a assortment of songs to fill the ipod. obviously this library has a considerably lot less music on than my 80 GB library. anyways, im havening trouble getting my 80GB library up in itunes. i assumed when i connected my 80GB video it would auto load, but it hasn't. any ideas what i have to do to get my 80 GB library up and a simple way to switch between the two each time i want to update each ipod?

Cheers!
    Chris

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Hold down the option key when you launch iTunes. I believe it will ask you to choose a library so you can choose the one you want.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

You know that you can have multiple iPods for just one library, so you don't need to setup a second just to use the nano. I have my 60 Gig and my shuffle on the same library.

4. P8ntballer thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers mate! :D

5. P8ntballer thread starter macrumors newbie

Hows that done then mate?

6. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Yes, using one library can save you a lot of grief. You can select what you want to sync for each iPod and iTunes will remember it for each iPod when each is connected. So you can setup different sets of music to sync for each iPod. I also have two iPods, both Touches (different capacities). I have one for music and music videos and the other for everything using the same library.

7. P8ntballer thread starter macrumors newbie

Awwh wow cool. I'll give that a go.

Cheers man

Chris