Help with iTunes pls - window is blank

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Apr 14, 2007.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I have a pretty large iTunes library that I keep on an external HDD. I normally download my podcasts in the morning while I get ready to go to work. I last did this yesterday and everything seemed normal. Imagine my surprise today when I fired up the external HDD and then iTunes, but found the main window completely blank, as if I had no songs!

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.9 on an Intel (Core Duo) iMac 20", and have iTunes 7.1.1. In the larger picture, you can clearly see my predicament. Nothing shows, regardless of which libary I select from the left-hand column. I know I have content - after all, look at the number of podcasts I have left to hear :D In the smaller picture, are the View buttons. I am precluded from selecting a view other than the one currently depressed.

This is the first major issue I've really had with my iMac (or Mac OS X for that matter). Has anyone seen or experienced anything like this before? As always, any help or assistance in this matter will be greatl appreciated.

Mahalo in advance,

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

Attached Files:

2. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Forget about the View thing

Aloha again everyone,

I just figured out the View buttons thing - while "looking" at my Podcasts, I can only use that first View option. The other buttons work just fine in the other libraries.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

4. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was, but I uninstalled it earlier today.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I bet that it was UNO causing your problem. The new version (1.5) supports iTunes 7.1.1. The old one caused exactly the effect you are describing. I'm wondering if you uninstalled it with your external drive connected.

Anyhow, try installing the new version of UNO and see how that goes.

6. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aloha gauchogolfer,

You, sir, are amazing! Immediately after installing UNO1.5, I fired up my external HDD and then iTunes - everything is back, as in the attachment! Thank you ever so much for your very kind, and timely, assistance! :D

Attached Files:

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I had a panic also when I upgraded to 7.1.1, and my library 'vanished' as well. UNO was the culprit, then, too.

8. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

It'd be nice if Apple just made iTunes pretty again so we wouldn't all have to use Uno.