Help with iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CorvetteZR1, May 3, 2011.

1. CorvetteZR1 macrumors member

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find a specific situation that directly related to mine. I have a 32GB USB flash drive. I have a MBP. I want to plug my USB flash drive in, drag the iTunes music to the flash drive, remove the flash drive, plug it into my new mac, open iTunes on the new mac, drag and drop the iTunes album from the flash drive to the into the iTunes library. Is this possible? Will they transfer over properly? I want to make sure I get my album art with the music. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. CorvetteZR1 thread starter macrumors member

3. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

That should work fine. All you're doing is copying the music files onto the USB and then on to the other computer, right?

4. CorvetteZR1 thread starter macrumors member

Right. My friend said there would be a problem with duplicates though. Not sure if he knows what he's talking about or not?

5. fenskezen macrumors regular

Have not tried this, but it seems straightforward. I would think if the album art does not transfer, you could try and " get album art" as you would normally and it would fetch it all?

6. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

Not sure what he's talking about with duplicates, and yeah like the other guy said, you should be able to get any album art that you might lose. I think you're good to go.

7. CorvetteZR1 thread starter macrumors member

8. fenskezen macrumors regular

Update us with your results, I am not very computer savy and would love to hear if this is a good way to do it. :eek: