Help With iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jiggajoyce88, Jul 4, 2007.

1. jiggajoyce88 macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    Just have a few questions which have been annoying me for a while about i-tunes i'd like to sort out:
    1) When changing an album title, do you have to do it song by song?

2) When the songs in the album get listed alphabetically instead of their right order (Happens when I download an album) is there anyway to order them properly manually?

Thanks guys,
    Mike.

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

1) It can be done by album. Select all the tracks and then do 'Get Info' either by going to the edit menu or pressing apple + i

2)Click at the top of the column you want to sort by which will be track number in this case.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Nope. You can select multiple tracks (if they're all bunched together you can click on the first/last one and hold down shift and click on the first/last song) and "Get Info" either by right clicking (ctrl + left click) or cmd/ apple+ i. Then edit it. It'll ask if you're sure you want to edit it for multiple tracks.

I'll assume you mean DL from iTMS. *raises eyebrow*

If the info for track number of an album is there, in a given playlist, you can just click on the track number column and it should rearrange itself.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

1) If you select all the album's tracks at the same time, then go to info. You can change multiple tracks.

2) In the Info box there are 2 boxes: track number, of.
    Eg track 1 of 10
    This will then reorder you tracks

devilot remember there are other legal DL services :)

5. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

Select all the songs you want to change the album title of. And go to File->Get info. The changes you input will affect all songs you have selected.

You need to input the track number in that same info window. I use amazon to get the correct track listing. Then select the song Amazon says is the first and get info. Change Track [blank box] of [blank box]. It's on the right hand side in get info.