- Jun 17, 2006
I'm making a site in iWeb for someone who has a godaddy hosting planb and domain name. how do i upload a page from iWeb to the internet
For FTP Clients, I would use CyberDuck (free) or Transmission (not free, but REALLY good client).Uploading Your Test Page to Your Hosting Account
To upload files to your Web site, you need an FTP client. FTP stands for File Transfer Pro*
tocol. Using FTP, you can move files from your computer to your hosting account. There
are many FTP clients available for free on the Internet that you can use to transfer your
files. If you only need to upload a few simple files, you can also use the Web-based FTP
client available in the Hosting Manager.
To Upload Your Test Page Using the Hosting Manager
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Under the Hosting & Email section, select Hosting Account List.
3. Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Open. The Hosting Manager displays.
4. Under the Content section of the Hosting Manager, click the FTP Client icon.
5. If a security certificate window displays, click Yes to accept the certificate and open the FTP program.