Help with jailbreak 4.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by raithee, May 8, 2011.

1. raithee macrumors newbie

Ok well here is the problem i tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS (No Cell Service) I tried every jail breaking things like green poison, red snow, pwnagetools. etc. over and over again and i still get the same problem it says jailbreak successful and when i turn on phone (no Service) i have 4 new apps (Cydia, Finder, WinterBoard, and Terminal) and none of them work i click on them and they all crash. yes i restarted my iphone (no Service) b4 i tried a different jailbreak. i reinstalled 4.2.1 and restored b4 every try. but it still wont work i have been trying literately for 11 hours it took my whole day but all the jailbroken apps open and close within a second, this happens every time with every different king of jailbreak. please help what am i doing wrong. thinks

2. raithee thread starter macrumors newbie

3. raithee thread starter macrumors newbie

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

fallow tutorial from here http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/ are you trying to unlock your phone as well? use it on a different carrier. Jailbreak and unlock are different processes. you 1st jailbreak and then if the baseband allows it you unlock it. also I know your frustrated but don't get upset and bump your 3 three times in 15 minutes. using google you can find answers much faster. thread bumping isn't even allowed on this forum.

5. raithee thread starter macrumors newbie

no im not trying to unlock my iphone im trying to jailbreak it

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

then fallow the tutorials at the link I provided if you still can't figure it out provide detailed explanations such as windows or Mac. what jailbreak tool you are using you know just the little things.
    ;)

7. raithee thread starter macrumors newbie

i went to that site a wile back aswell and it worked but the cydia, winterboard, terminal, and finder just crash every time i click on it. so i cant do anything with my phone its jailbroken but i cant use it for anything. so there is really no point.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I suggest just going back to stalk firmware Jailbreaking not for you! good luck