Help with Jailbreak Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by blooster06, Jun 3, 2009.

1. blooster06 macrumors newbie

2. cheese1756 macrumors newbie

Well, do you think you could tell us so we know for future reference?

3. blooster06 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just asked how would you jailbreak 2ng Gen iPod iTouch, and still needs help, like what version of firmware to start for jailbreak and where can i get these firmwares and basic stuff like that...still don't know how to jailbreak a iTouch, but still trying to look for it some more xD

4. cheese1756 macrumors newbie

Same. I'm looking for a good, non-crashing jailbreak software for a 2g Touch. I'm leaning towards Quickpwn though

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

As of right now, the only official JB software for the 2G is redsn0w. The quickpwns you may see are unofficial copies.

6. cheese1756 macrumors newbie

Official? Apple doesn't want any jailbreaking at all (it voids the warranty even). How can there be an official jailbreak software?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Software from the people who developed quickpwn, pwnage tool, and people who lead the way for jailbreaking in the 2.0+ firmwares. Their page is here.

8. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

What he said. Basically, people are taking the quickpwn (developed by the iphone dev team), repackaging it/modifying it slightly, and releasing it. Sort of like an unofficial build of some open source software, except without the credit to the original devs.

9. ghozt178 macrumors newbie

yea i been looking for the same thing. i got a itouch today and im trying to figure out how to do this on my macbook and i saw redsnow but idk how get it on my ipod and what other software i need to succesfully jailbreak it