help with jailbreak!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wr3xp3ct, Nov 9, 2010.

1. wr3xp3ct macrumors newbie

Hi all,

i just recived my iphone 3gs i bought from ebay, it is locked to telstra 3G, however i am with Optus.
    I bought limera1n program to jailbreak it but it wont work.
    when i put my optus sim card in, the phone displayes the itunes icon and the usb icon underneath and it has no function apart from emergency calls.

can someone please help me with getting my optus sim card working

thanks heaps

2. johnoporritt macrumors member

you bought limera1n?

what iOS are you on?

3. wr3xp3ct thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on ioS 4.0.1 i got it to the main screen but i dont have any coverage so i cant make phone calls..??

4. CZK, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

1. Limera1n is free, you paid for nothing ( you got scammed)

2. Jailbreak =/= unlock

3. You can unlock it using ultrasn0w since you are on 4.0.1. ( Search for ultrasn0w in cydia)

4. Do not update to 4.1 or you will lose the ability to use your phone.
    ________
    TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA HISTORY

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

6. CZK, Nov 9, 2010

CZK macrumors 6502a

I dont recommand doing this. Since you cant even make a difference between an unlock and an jailbreak, if you mess this up you will be stuck with a non functionning iphone since your baseband will be locked.
    ________
    MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If he follows the tutorial hopefully he wont mess it up.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It seems you don't know that this PwnageTool has the BB update option grayed out, meaning that there is no way the TS could mess up and update his older BB if he uses it...;)

9. CZK, Nov 9, 2010

CZK macrumors 6502a

It seems you are not aware that if he misses (insert 999999 technical problems that can occur) he will be forced to restore using an official .IPSW 4.1----> baseband upgrade.

My point is:

-STAY IN 4.0.1
    -Success rate 100%
    -Features you wont have from 4.1 : Game center and other useless stuff :'''(

1 simple step:

1-Install ultrasn0w via cydia's search option

Done
    ________
    Vapir no2

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

what? no, if his custom fw got messed up, he just creates a new custom fw and installs it. The actual PT won't update his BB no matter what he does or screws up while creating it...

If the TS has to use Official Apple 4.1 fw due to a problem, then it will be the same % of error if he tries installing 4.01 or 4.1 fw so your point of view is wrong.

On 4.1: Besides closing security flaws like the PDF patch w/out having to run an extra MS add-on, Exchange server time is corrected, full Bluetooth now and many other things and the system itself feels more stable besides gamecenter and other things... If you think all of those things are useless then you are not using your iPhone's features.

11. CZK, Nov 9, 2010

CZK macrumors 6502a

Dude.... this guy has no idea what a jailbreak is and what an unlock is.

My method: 1 step: install ultrasn0w via cydia.

Yours: He needs a Mac, he needs to download things, needs to do manipulations.. etc etc.

Got my point now ?
    ________
    Lincoln Continental Mark Vii

12. lalarosa macrumors newbie

well i have and iphone 3G but i'm with t-mobile,days ago it froze somehow,i m trying to restore it but it wont let me,keep saying the sim card somthing somthing,,,,help now it is frozen on restore mode

13. wr3xp3ct thread starter macrumors newbie

allright buddy, your right i have never used this thing before, i've downloaded this ultrasn0w via cydia and now the phone goes searching.... then it comes up as no service...cheers for your help so far, hopefully you guys can help me fix this...