Help with Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by nickarmadillo, Jan 10, 2008.

1. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

I followed the instructions on the following page:

http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2

However, when I get to the last step and click on the "jailbreak" button it installs and then tells me that my ipod touch will reboot several times and then be finished jailbreaking. The touch then reboots once and then the recovery mode image appears on the screen. It seems to be stuck at that point and does not reboot multiple times as it says it should. What could be going wrong? The first time it did this I waited for a while and then took it off, which did not work, so I had to restore the ipod and start the process over. The second time I let it hang on the recovery mode screen for quite a while but still no luck. Any ideas?

2. nickarmadillo thread starter macrumors regular

3. t0mster macrumors newbie

Make sure all ipod/apple related services are closed via taskmanager or the like (not sure if you're on Mac or PC)

Also might try disconnecting the ipod from the PC after it starts to reboot the first time. If that doesn't work and its stuck in recovery mode, hold down both the sleep/wake button and home button to force it to turn off, then turn it on again with the sleep/wake button. Maybe a manual restart will give it that kickstart it needs. Other than that I can only suggest to make sure the Jailbreak.zip file you got from the touchdev site is current and not corrupted.

4. Xexr macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, did you ever get it to work?

Is it something to do with itunes 7.6?

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

If you're using Jailbreak.jar then once you've hit Jailbreak and it's done its think you then have to click on 'boot from recovery' to get it, unsurprisingly, out of recovery.