Help with jailbreaking 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by astonecold83, Apr 5, 2010.

1. astonecold83 macrumors member

So.....a few months ago I jailbreaked my iphone 3GS using Pwnagetool. Since it was my first time I jailbreraked my iPhone, I started to be concerned after noticing that some apps kept crashing and some phone calls never went through and the signal bars were as low then ever. After a few days, I restored the phone back to the originals OS downloaded through iTunes. Yesterday I attempt to jailbreak the phone again and I made sure I downloaded the latest version of pwangetool 3.1.5 but everything I tried to sync the phone with iTunes to upload the custom Ipsw file......I would either get the famous "1604" error message or iTunes will put the phone in restore mode displaying on the screen "iPhone preparing for restore" and then after like 5 minutes I would get another error message from iTunes saying that the phone could not be restored.
    Is there anything that I can do? I really would like to give the JB another try....specially after owning an iPad and seeing what it can do plus the possible tethering option that seems to working for most people.
    Any advise, would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

so when you did this

did you save SHSH with cydia or otherwise? so you could it downgrade it there is no jb for 3.1.3 for 3GS did you happen too even glance at the tons of threads about 3.1.3? before asking! if you didn't save in Cydia you are sol! oh see my links below (Upgraded to 3.1.3. Now what?) if you search 3.1.3 3gs jailbreak you will find tons more info!

3. astonecold83 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Labman.....I did not save the previous information on cydia plus I uninstalled that program as well. I read the link on the bottom of ur post and understand now why I cannot jailbreak. I cannot downgrade to v3.1.2 because I never saved anything via cydia.
    Thanks for the help though