Help with jailbreaking my new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Hyudryu, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hyudryu macrumors newbie

I just bought an ipod touch today at costco, and I HATE THEM FOR INSTALLING THE 3.1.3 FIRMWARE!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    How do i jailbreak it now? I think its a 3rd generation...:apple:

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Can't at the moment but it is rumored that a userland jailbreak for 3.1.3 may be released soon but as oftern is with rumors there may not be a new jailbreak until OS4.0 is live to the masses.

3. Hyudryu thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait... I just managed to downgrade my firmware using a 2G 3.1.2 firmware. I restored using that one and now my Setting>general>about says 3.1.2 :D But blackra1n still doesnt work. the screen stays black and it never boots. usually how long does it take to show the picture? 10 seconds? 1 min?:D Thanks

4. Hyudryu thread starter macrumors newbie

I used redsn0w 0.9.2 and it worked and i saw the running pineapple thing and then it says Itunes with a usb cable pointing at it. What did i do wrong?

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you have managed to downgrade and jailbreak, it is a tethered jailbreak which means it can not reboot on its own, every time it switched off\shutsdown you need to connect it to your computer again and rerun blackra1n to reboot it.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

why do i have a feeling you have a 8gb ipod touch