Help with jB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by stupendusboi, Feb 12, 2008.

1. stupendusboi macrumors member

I have a 1.1.1 Ipod touch. I need to upgrade to 1.1.3 because.. i like want to lol. So to upgrade to 1.1.2 first, i need install oktoprep.. i cannot find that program :( Can someone hlep me out and tell me what i should do after i install it?

2. stupendusboi thread starter macrumors member

3. bdsmyth macrumors regular

If you have a wireless network connection there's a great post on here that tells you how to upgrade directly from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 without going through 1.1.2 at all. It's much easier, takes a bit a time but pretty much hassle free. I followed this myself with no problems so try it and see for yourself. Remember before you start the actual jailbreak to make sure that you change your autolock to never under the setting menu option so that it doesn't shut down half way through the process. Takes about 4-5 hours. The post is here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=427812

Cheers!

4. cjd82187 macrumors member

This method is somewhat hassle free, but it breaks DRM which means no purchased music or movies, and you cannot sync the 1.1.3 apps if you purchased them. If your fine with that, then use the above method, but if not your going to want to use the official Dev Team method.

Oktoprep should be in installer under Tweaks (1.1.1), or you could just search through All Packages and find Oktoprep from there. After you oktoprep and get to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that, You will find the 1.1.3 upgrade in installer, just make sure it says its the Dev Team one.

5. bnizzy macrumors member

This is my FAVORITE walk-thru to JB 1.1.3.
    I went thru all the diff versions of the JBs, spent hours laboring over re-doing it like 5 times... and in the end, this is the thread that solved it all for me.

MAJOR credit to fearedbliss.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=426137

i highly recommend,.

:D