Help with keyboards

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MaccyGoodness, Jul 15, 2009.

1. MaccyGoodness macrumors newbie

I need to get the lower body of my MacBook replaced, because, guess what? It has two of those design flaw cracks in it.

My main problem is that I have an American machine, which my dad bought in Ann Arbor last year (January 2008), living in the UK I noticed that my MacBook owning friends have different looking keyboards, having a £ sign where I have my # sign, etc. Also the "enter" key is shaped differently. In short, I am wondering if a British Apple Store would be able to replace my American keyboard with one similar, because I have not seen any others with the "enter key" shaped as mine is, and I have heard that when they replace the lower casing they replace the keyboard as well.

2. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

pictures would help my friend.

I don't think british apple stores, will let you change the keyboard due, because it's bought over here at the united states.
    but i am sure you can buy something over at ebay, and you could do the replacement by yourself...

any experts correct me if i'm wrong.

3. MaccyGoodness thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Here is my keyboard now.

Everyone else that I know have keyboards like this:

[​IMG]

Is my keyboard too defunct to get the lower body replaced?

4. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Hey man, I guess you have the newer type of keyboard, and I can't see the other picture man.
    it's just a logo.