Help With Laptop Purchase

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Anomy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Anomy macrumors newbie

So, for the past two months I've been doing some intensive research in hopes of being able to conclude my search for a laptop, and my findings have been anything but conclusive, but it has pointed me in the direction of the MBP11 w/ 2.2 Quadcore processor and the Lenovo W520 workstation and I've been back and forth between the two. Please help me out on this one, I just want to get this over with and not regret my choice, and also feel free to suggest any other alternatives (except desktops).

Now to help you help me:

-I'll be using it mostly for video editing (hence why I came here), graphic design, and some programming.
    -I don't mind either OS (Haven't heard many good things about Lion though), unless there's a reason to for my purposes
    -Willing to spend up to $2,500

2. apeden macrumors member

It all depends on what program you will be using? If you are going to edit on FCP then go with a mac, if you want to edit with Avid then get the pc laptop. Depends on which platform you want to be using.

3. Anomy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I meant to add that in, but yea I'm looking to get the CS5 Suite so...Premiere Pro