Help with Lion Mail - several questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cbronfman, Jul 27, 2011.

1. cbronfman, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

cbronfman macrumors 6502

On my Mac Mini, I have various "On My Mac" mailboxes (either messages that I want to keep but I don't need stored on MM, or messages I have from a POP server imported from Entourage). I would like my MBA to have access to those same mailboxes. Is there a setting in mail to allow computers on the same network with the same login to share mail folders?

I've found the Library folder with the mailboxes and I can paste it to my MBA, but it won't be updated until I paste it again. (Actually, pasting doesn't work but I obviously could import the mailboxes. As I add to those mailboxes as related messages come in, the import "solution" is very short-term if it's a solution at all)Is there a way to sync those folders the way my other mailboxes on MM are synced by MM, and my Document etc. files by SugarSync etc.?

Also, I can no longer easily see that Library file. I found by a Google search that typing in the "Go" menu ~/Library/Mail/V2, it's there. But it's greyed out in the menu. but is there a way of making that Library file visible under the user folder like it was under SL?

2. bt22 macrumors 6502

3. cbronfman thread starter macrumors 6502