help with Logitech quick cam recording etc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by speedracer997, Jan 13, 2008.

1. speedracer997 macrumors newbie

Greetings

Brand new convert today . Bought The Powermac pro with 23 " screen and a few goodies including iwork, .mac, final cut express4 and a logitech quickcam vision mp.

What I need to do is record the logitech webvideo. Preferably with the push button ease the windows versions has with posting to youtube, and adding avatars and video effects easily like you can using the windows version.
    Couple of questions

This camera doesnt even show up on logitechs site at all.
    Their was no software with the camera
    It appears all the programs I have do not recognize a webcam.

How do I record easily and have those effects easily , then post to youtube etc.

Thankyou so much all

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

You would have to use Windows to use the software that Logitech provides with their webcams as there is no Mac version.

To use Apple's effects use Photo Booth.

It should be easily recognised on Mac OS X 10.5 and should have come with Windows software.

3. speedracer997 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for quick reply..

This new camera came with no software...I think it may be a brand new model that apple stores have now...

and this seems obtuse that I cant record easily ...?....

So anyone else give me an answer on this ...how the heck do you record with no software ?.....

cheers

Thx again for begoe, I sphoto booth another piece of software I have to buy...

?

Surely their is a simple way to record webcam add effects and post on the mighty mac ?....been doing it on windows boxes for years.

And does anyone have this specific camera ?...The Logitech Quickcam Vision MP ?

Thx again

4. TO5 macrumors newbie

TO5

Logitech QuickCam MP for Mac

I own a Mac Pro,... just bought this exact cam from an Apple store, works great with Photo Booth which comes with Leopard,... but yes it's true, everything else is geared for windows. i.e. no Mirror feature. no snap shot feature. not even listed on Logitechs website. ..... I feel your pain.