Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonscg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
ok..so i've had these speakers for a while now and i am past my warranty, and all of a sudden they decide that they just want to stop working.....
so i decided that since i know a bit about electronics that i would open it up and see why they stopped working. i unscrewed the back panel, only to find that it will only open up about an inch, and then the whole back panel plate thing won't go any farther. i was able to peek in right there and with a flashlight was able to see that there is one wire loose, but there is still something else holding the panel from coming all the way out.
does anyone know how to properly open this thing up!!??? i think that there is one more wire holding it back. should i just break this wire too and then splice in some new wire to connect it back again?

if anyone has opened up one of these and has some information regarding my problem, i would really appreciate it.

these speakers are so awesome, and i really dont want to have to throw them away. :(

thanx
chris

simonscg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
haha...i fixed my speakers!! so no i dont need help anymore. i actually wound up breaking all the wires i had to to open it up, and then just basically put it back together in an easier way and they work fine now! yeahhh!

mskoronski

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
@simonscg

can you please give me more of a detailed explantion on how you fixed your speakers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.