Price Advice Help with Mac 128k value?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by iMpathetic, Jun 17, 2015.

1. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Hey guys!

Was looking to free up some space and sell my 128k. It's in really good shape physically, case is a little yellow from age but no major scuffs or cracks or anything like that. Honestly, my 2012 MBA probably is more beat up.

It powers up fine but displays a sad Mac. It's missing the battery on the back. No upgrades or anything, just a 100% original 128k.

What do you think a fair price would be? Maybe $300?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The original ones weren't branded 128K on the back, that was added later to differentiate from the 512K which it was sold alongside as a lower-end model. This decreases the value somewhat, as collectors are looking for a true original.

3. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I hate to say it but the screwdriver marks where the rear case has been prized off the front bezel will detract from it's value too.

The memory error (which doesn't pinpoint the bad IC like it usually does) makes it a little harder to fix too.

I assume you have all five screws for it? They seem to be missing.

4. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I've never opened the case or tinkered with it at all honestly. I guess it's a previous owner.

5. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Thanks for your input guys; ended up selling on eBay for $225 plus shipping.