Help with Mac Book Pro [display color problem]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tttexxan, Oct 12, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Here is a wierd situation....My daughter spilt glass of H2O on my Mac brook pro about 2 mo ago....It dried out and has been working fine...However when it comes to editig pictures my colors look ok on the screen but printed very differently.
    Let me just say I know about monitor calibration and printer profiles and doing everything right on that end. Monitor calibrated several different attempts and different tools. Prints taken to 4 different prints shops all with the same results of sepia looking skin tones and dark pictures.

Im using Cs3 to do my photo editing.

I have also tried a slave monitor (calibrated) and same results.

Unable to figure this problem out I purchased a PC. Prior to setting up the PC I connected my Mac Book Pro to its HP 2207 monitor and attempted to adjust pictures. I also bought the epson 1800 printer and using their profiles atttempted prints at home...All unsuccessful!!
    Lastly I booted up the new PC using the same HP 2207 monitor and downloaded the pic to my PC from CF card saved from mac.
    Without a hitch the file printed out looking exactly what I saw on screen???

How is this happening? Water damage causing??

2. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Was it Ok before spill?
    I think it wasnt, this sounds more like a software issue, not a "water damage" at all.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think it's a fairly safe assumption, considering the fact that your new PC works fine, that the water did indeed cause damage. I don't think this is something Applecare will cover, as the spill was caused by user-error, not a malfunction in the hardware.

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but this would be about the STRANGEST outcome of water-related damage I could possibly imagine. From the OP, I would like to know:

1) What color profile are the images saved in? sRGB, AdobeRGB? When you send them out to a lab are you 100% sure you're following SOP? (As in when you send out for prints, edit in your preferred space, proof with your printer's profile, and save without a default space?)

2) What happens when you attach an external display to your MBP? Opening the same image on both screens produces the same color image, or different?

3) Do any other colors look messed up in OS X? From what I understood, everything looks great on your screen until you print, right?

4) Have you tried removing your calibration profiles to see how big of a difference calibration is making?

5) Do the photos appear any different on the MBP vs. the PC, when on screen?

My only hypothesis (other than it being a color profile issue) is that water damaged the LCD screen... But I think that would be very, very obvious. It seems so highly unlikely that water damaged circuitry as to only affect the color rendition - It's not like there's a color "chip" that can get damaged, you know?

5. timmodugdale macrumors member

timmodugdale

Screen Color issues

I have the same problem. My screen changes to a blue-ish tint when I have an external monitor. When I open on Display Preferences, the color is corrected. But it happens all the time...and it is annoying