help with macbook pro fan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rdbl, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rdbl macrumors newbie

hi everyone!i am new in this forum so excuse me if im posting on wrong place.i would like some help-advice on a problem ive been experiencing with the right fan of my macboo pro 2.33 intel core 2 duo,2gb running OSX 10.4.11.
    my problem is that out of the blue the right fan started to act very strange,that is to say that it makes an horrible noise,be it hot or cold temperatures,i have the istate so i know that the fan it is doing is job but still something is wrong.
    i ran myself the hardware tests and lets say that 3 in 5 times i got error"4MOT/1/40000002:RIGHT SIDE",with this i took it to a genious bar and they ran the apple tests and it passed with apparently no problem,but they said that it could be or the fan or the logic board itself.in anycase my mbp is 1 and half years old and so out of warranty,so i will have to pay for a bad problem with so little use.can anyone give some advice or whatever?or does anyone knows a reliable plave where to buy a right fan in new condition here in uk?thanx for any help i may get.

2. Ropie macrumors regular

Ropie

Can I piggyback this thread? ;) My left MBP fan has recently started making a very soft clicking noise as it spins. It's barely audible but is it the sign of a fan that will soon need replacing? Or is it more likely to be just a bit of dirt trapped in the mechanism or something??

3. rdbl thread starter macrumors newbie

mbp fan

hi Ropie,i cannot tell you for sure what the problem is with your fan but from my experience i tell you look for assistance right now,call apple care if you do have it or go on a genious bar asap,i say this cause the right fan frm my mbp just changed from normal to very abnormal,as i described on my previous post ,one minute to the other.hope it somehow helps!good luck!