Help with MacBook webcam and aMSN, please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by azmydty, Sep 13, 2007.

1. azmydty macrumors newbie

Does any one know how to do the setting for the camera on the macbook
    I'm using aMSN and video chat works but my image is frozen or moving on very very slow motion, I have no idea if is just the settings on the camera or it has something to do with my connection

please help... my little brother cry every day because he is not able to see me (he lives in Mexico)

thank you

2. Reverb macrumors newbie

Hi there! I'm not sure if this will solve your problem but to access video settings in aMSN:

aMSN > Preferences > "Others" tab > Edit Audio and Video Settings (at the bottom)

This will launch a setup assistant to fine tune your settings.

Hope that helps!

3. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

might help if we know what kind of connection you are using.

Is someone in Mexico telling you that your picture is moving slow? If so, what kind of connection do they have?

Are they using a PC or Mac?

And why aMSN? Is that a good video conference software. I had never heard of it before this. (Had to do a Google.)

Open iChat. Find Connection Doctor. Click Video. What does it look like here? That should be what you are sending out.

4. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

iSight

My friend cannot get her iSight to work with aMSN, when she goes onto webcam she can see a video of herself but it's not received at the other end, she's gone through the setting detailed above and there's a tickbox at the end to enable the camera to work but it's unable to be clicked - any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.