Help with MacDrive

alubkin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I've been using MacDrive to move some of my files from my pc to my mac, but i'm having a bit of trouble. MacDrive 6 recognizes my cd-rw just fine, and will allow me to use it to burn, but it doesn't see my dvd-rw drive (NEC nd-3500) so i can't make dvds!

Help!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Well, Macfour states

"Version 6.0.5 update: MacDrive CD/DVD Creator now supports over 100 new CD/DVD drives"

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version? What version Windows are you using? DVD burning is supported in 2000/XP only.

The first stop for software compatibility is the manufacturer's website for the lates updates and/or drivers.

When posting questions to the forum, you will get better answers if you post more complete information, such as machine type/OS version/software revision, and what steps you have taken already to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

alubkin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I'm using windows xp, sp2 and the latest update of macdrive... there are no drivers for the dvd-rw, so far as i know, or as far as nec seems to be concerned

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Maybe you should be mailing feedback/feature request to Mediafour about it. TBH I've never used the CD or DVD creation package in MacDrive 6, never before had reason to.