Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
This seems like it should be easy, so please forgive me if I'm missing the bleeding obvious.

I like to sort my incoming email into folders, for example "Respond-Work", "Respond-Personal" (using the superb Mail-Act-On). Here's the crutch, how can I get mail.app to display a message count for these regular folders, like it does with Smart Folders?

I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpeg
    screenshot.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 87

ndmccormack

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2004
London, UK
the only way to ge a number next to the folders is to have at least 1 email in that folder marked as unread. Mail 2.0 rules don't seem to let you do this (which is really stupid, they've missed some ridiculously common rules out) but maybe your act-on program can when it moves it to that folder... Sadly I'm not familiar with it...

hope that helps
Niall

munkle

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Looks like this isn't as obvious as I thought it might be.

I've been trying to think of a way to get this working, including searching for third party apps, all to no avail.

Hmmm...

ndmccormack

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2004
London, UK
I'm sure its not difficult to write an applescript that moves and 'un-reads' the email... but then again, I'm no applescript writer either!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.