HELP with Mail: I can't view sent mail from one my email accounts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macosxuser01, Nov 25, 2014.

1. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

For some reason I can't view any of 'Sent' mail from my work email account. My work email is IMAP

Here's a screen shot of my mailbox.
    I find it odd that mine work email under the 'Sent' column is a circle while Gmail (personal account), and Info (another work related email) have a paper airplane

Can anybody figure this out? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

And also if I delete something from my Work inbox this message appears

An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox "(null)"

Attached Files:

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I have 4 IMAP accounts and all the "sent" icons are paper airplanes. Are you 100% sure that the outgoing mail server settings are correct? Have you ever been able to send an email from Work to Info or Gmail and successfully receive it?

4. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

I'm able to send emails successfully with all email accounts. I even tested it sending emails to a yahoo mail account I don't use.

5. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

So I tried restarting my computer if that helped or do anything (and of course having the latest OS X updates) and still nothing.

6. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Check and see, in settings, if under this account sent mail is checked to be on "this phone" and not "on the server".

It's under "mail, contacts and calendar". Go into the "work" email account, then on the next page click on the account name, next advanced, and on the next page see if there is "sent mailbox". If so click on it and see if the check mark is on "this phone" and not "on the server".

If you are having problems moving or deleting items check your other "mailbox behavior" settings.

EDIT: DOH, I just noticed I am in the mac forum and not ios. Sorry. You might check and see if you have those settings mac-wise also.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't think your account is set up properly. When you selected the Sent folder to be the Mac Mail "sent" folder did you pick the right folder?

Also, check the Gmail web site to see if you have multiple "sent" folders or folders (labels) in any weird places...like subfolders of "sent".

8. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

So when I go to 'Get Account Info' in the Apple Mail, I also notice that my Work email is missing sent, junk, trash, drafts logos compare to my Info email. Any idea how on to fix this this?

Attached Files:

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I had myself a few days of struggle with setting up all my e-mail accounts. Had almost the same problem(s) as you.
    What you have to do is to check the e-mail account settings. "Play" with the "Mailbox Behaviors" (check and uncheck boxes, quit mail, start mail, check again).
    To be very honest with you there is no general pattern, what works in one account produces another effect in another one. No logical explanation. So, it is a "game" of patience.

10. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Tried. No luck :(

11. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Ok.
    If you are in the mood, let's go step by step together. Maybe we will figure something out.
    Another option is try another, third party client to see how it handles your accounts. Being there, done that. In my case it was Airmail.

12. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Good idea. I'll download Thunderbird and see if it's Apple Mail issue.
    However, I'm gonna have to wait till Thursday to figure out what's wrong because my boss was the one who set it up for me.

On Thursday, I'll just deleted the account the email account and then start from scratch to see if it works

13. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Alright I fix the issue. I had to do with a Port number. Thanks for your help