Help with Mail outbox please...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swmr, Mar 5, 2008.

1. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

I remember reading about this the other day but I can't for the life of me find that thread...even with a search.

I bought my MBP (sig) last tuesday and I just started using Mail yesterday. The inbox works great with Comcast and I think I am going to love it, but I can't figure out the outbox. I sent a few emails and they do not show up in Sent. Is this normal? I logged into comcast.net and they showed up there, but they don't seem to sync with Mail. The same is true even after I click "Get new email."

Any way to get this to fully sync together? I love the idea of using Mail instead of logging into Comcast on Firefox.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Are you using POP3 with Comcast, or IMAP? POP3 does not sync back and forth. If you send mail in Mail.app though, that mail should sit in the Sent folder.

3. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

I am using POP. I sent the email last night using Mail.app, but I didn't check the Sent box till this morning. I hadn't gotten a reply to the email, so I wanted to see if it actually sent. It did show it on comcast.net but not in Mail.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Odd. I've never seen anything sent from Mail.app not show up in the Sent Mail folder, especially not with a non-syncing e-mail solution like POP3. Not sure what to tell you.

5. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

I'm at school and the bell is about to ring. I'll check it out some more when I get home and see if I can figure it out...if anybody has ideas ill be back at 1:30 haha...