Help with making a design more kid looking

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by AreYouAMac, Sep 2, 2008.

1. AreYouAMac macrumors regular

Hi guys.

If anyone can help. I am trying to make these figures that I drew more kid looking. I drew these two figures and scanned them onto my computer. However... I am having some difficulties making the figures look like kids. I been stuck on this problem for 2 days now and just cant seem to make them look like kids!!! Can someone please help me on this one?

I been trying to make the face and body more round but it just isn't working.

If anyone is willing to help me on this little delimma.. I am more then willing to PM them a picture of the designs.

Thank you!

2. Lau Guest

One thing that really differs between adults and children is the body proportions. A child's head is much bigger in comparison to the rest of their body to than an adults. Here's a picture that might help:

growth3.jpg

You can see how the child looks like a child, even though it's the same height on the page as an adult.

So drawing a small adult just looks like a tiny adult, but if you give them child-like proportions such as a larger head and shorter limbs, they suddenly look more recognisable as a child.