Help with making a simple Cydia tweak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iVikD, Feb 17, 2012.

1. iVikD macrumors regular

iVikD

I'm relatively new to the developing world (I'm a systems student, currently learning Java) and am very interested in creating a simple tweak for iPhones that replaces a file in a certain folder of the device. I've done this manually, by using DiskAid to place the file onto the folder right from my computer, but am looking to create a little tweak that can be used by anyone with a jailbroken device. I'm looking to learn, so any links to tutorials, tools and such would be great. I own an iPhone 4 and a Mac, with access to windows, so no compatibility issues there. Also, I've heard about a tool called Theos... Is it as great as people claim it is? Thanks for your time.

2. negativzero macrumors 6502a

there is already such a tweak. its called winterboard.

3. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

There is, however, my aim is not theming, but a standalone tweak that will change a specific .plist file and add another alongside it.

4. negativzero macrumors 6502a

Winterboard does more than just themeing. You can use it to substitute plist files too iirc.

5. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

You're right, but like I said, my goal is to make a standalone version so that users don't have to download Winterboard just to get it (I personally don't like it).
    Thanks for your replies though, if I can't manage to code the full thing on my own, I suppose I'll give Winterboard a shot.