Help with maps

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by pano, Mar 2, 2009.

1. pano macrumors newbie

Hi to everyone

I have some problems installing new maps for multiplayer in my mac. I dont know how 2 do it.
    I have IWD and two FF files, and i don't know where could be install it.

Someone help me pease!!!!!.

Thanks! :)

2. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

You are going to have to give more information than that... Which games do you want to add the maps for, and I am guessing they are custom maps so maybe post the link where you downloaded the maps.

3. pano thread starter macrumors newbie

For Call of Duty 4
    All the maps that i download have a readme to install it, but thats only for PC.
    I dont realy know how can i put that files?.

4. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Call of duty 4 maps will download automatically in game for multiplayer. Go to your multiplayer options and turn downloading on. It will download any maps you need for a server when you join a server.

5. pano thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.

But in the case that im play in lan, i need to download to the internet, not to other server. I dont play in servers. I play in ethernet, with other macs.
    1 year ago, before i get the COD4, we have COD2 and i installed all the maps with IWD extention in the MAIN folder, but only 4 maps. Now i put COD4 maps in the MAIN folde of COD4 and the game don't recognized the maps.

Please, excuse me for my english, its realy bad. But im a bit frustrated with this problem.

And thanks again for your time and patience.

6. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

hehe ... we all have our personal acronym translators - I saw IWD and FF and thought "Icewind Dale" and "Final Fantasy" ...

7. pano thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek:

Im talking about Call of Duty 4. Modern Warfare. The multiplayer MAPS
    How to install it, if i download that of internet, in some page like http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com

I download it, but the readme.txt of that file, isnt for mac, and i dont know where the files go, in what folder of the game.

:)

Thats all. Thanks for the time. Bye

8. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Okay, I understand. I do not have call of duty installed on OSX, I run it through bootcamp. However, i believe you need to put the maps in the MAP folder. You will need to find this folder though MAIN, DATA, or just MAPS and put all of the selected files in that folder.
    Try the following link. You will need to do a trial and error. An easy way to check if the files are going in the right place is to check the extension of the files you downloaded and the extensions of the files in the folder you are trying to put in.

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Maps/Call-of-Duty-4-Map-Vladozkov.shtml